We live in a patriarchy
THE PATRIARCHATE (and the moment we realized it really existed)
These moments may be big or small. They come sooner or later, throw everything overboard or confirm what was already clear. And they happen to every feminist. They revolve around discrimination, inequality and disadvantage, danger and oppression. Once you start looking, it's hard to ignore. It starts with make-up and doesn't end with sexual violence against women. The patriarchy is complex.
For our video on Women's Struggle Day, we spoke to seven women who live out their feminist beliefs. They are role models for others, inspire and encourage. They get involved, learn and pass on their knowledge. And at some point they all started with one thought: "I live as a woman in patriarchy and that affects my life negatively."
Today should be about these first thoughts and moments. They are an important beginning that can change thinking. Because patriarchy is real. And it's time we tear it down. Have a nice women's day 2020!
- Which aircraft does Singapore Airlines use
- Who is currently President Obama's speechwriter
- China will ban Microsoft
- How can I invest in blockchain technology
- How many Chinese use a VPN
- Pets are allowed in emergency shelters
- What makes Xiaomi phones so special
- Should Bali become an independent Hindu country
- What is Filipino Philosophy
- What is an example of chemical weathering
- Where can I find animation work
- What is the highest paid government job
- What makes a missile supersonic
- How do you say Yours sincerely in Tagalog
- What are the moderate climates
- What would you classify as hate speech
- How secular is India really
- How Much Does Apple ARM Holdings Pay
- Is trust of yourself good
- Are ring sizes universal
- What makes a great software development company
- Why does a country need laws
- Which personality type would suit a doctor?
- Is nationalism compatible with libertarianism