Antibacterial soap is necessary
How effective is antibacterial soap?
Antibacterial soap no better
Medizin-Transparent examined the evidence on the question of whether washing hands in the household with antibacterial soap can prevent infections better than with conventional soap. Scientific papers from 2008 and earlier were evaluated. The result of these studies: "Antibacterial" hand soaps reduce the risk of infection no better than normal soaps.
Unexplained health risks
At the same time, the experts from Medizin-Transparent point out unexplained risks from Triclosan. The substance not only has antibacterial properties but is also similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. Triclosan is considered harmless if it is only ingested in very small amounts by humans.
Triclosan is not only found in hygiene products, but also in certain cosmetics, textiles and plastics. Therefore, consumers can possibly ingest higher amounts of the substance. What effects this has on health has not yet been investigated.
Scientists also suspect that the massive use of Triclosan can cause antibiotic resistance. This suspicion has not yet been scientifically proven either.
last updated 02/11/2015
Approved by the health portal editors
- Doing more work actually reduces productivity
- Are rubies valuable
- Does China have access to clean water?
- Are the fertility apps correct?
- Why are the British police not armed?
- USA recognize North Korea
- What are the gems
- What is the best Bengali newspaper
- How does a tattoo affect yourself?
- VAT still applies to spirits
- What is it like to work undercover?
- What can men learn from women's fashion
- How do male models look so good
- Narendra Modi Indians deserve Narendra Modi
- Where can I sell my kidney 13
- What Viking had a blue tooth
- How are minorities treated in RSS
- Ruined Disney X Men Dark Phoenix
- You could have the internet without a computer
- Why is marijuana legal in Amsterdam
- Boys prefer traditional girls
- How do actors avoid being typed?
- How can I get certified in CAD
- How did you finance your doctorate?