Rahul Gandhi is a vegetarian
"India's Kennedys" fell under the wheels of Modi
Meanwhile, the Congress Party, home of the Gandhi clan, only won around 50 seats. Rahul Gandhi even lost the ancestral seat of the dynasty in their stronghold of Amethi in the most populous state of Uttar Pradesh. He is now moving into parliament through his second seat in Kerala, South India.
Some are now calling for the end of the Nehru Gandhi dynasty, the "Indian Kennedys". Rahul's great-grandfather, Jawaharial Nehru, ruled the country as one of the founding fathers for 17 years, grandmother Indira Gandhi ruled for 15 years and father Rajiv for five years. The family paid a heavy toll: Indira and Rajiv Gandhi lost their lives in attacks. Sonia Gandhi, Rajiv's wife of Italian descent, reluctantly took over the leadership of the party but left the prime ministerial posts to others.
Son Rahul was chosen to continue the family legacy. The opponents dismissed the now 48-year-olds as too young, inexperienced and elitist. In contrast to his sister Priyanka, he was lacking in ambition and political talent, it was said. Critics accuse him of preferring to go to Italy in times of crisis - or even suspect him of having a second British passport.
To satisfy the nationalist-populist tendency that Modi serves, Rahul toured the temples of the subcontinent with Priyankas. But the party has a corrupt image. Now the Congress Party is facing a renewal - and many are asking whether Rahul is still the right man for it. (four)
("Die Presse", print edition, May 25, 2019)
- How much does Slack cost per month
- What is the difference between goal and goal
- Why does China not have a democracy
- How were slaves captured
- What is the shape of NF3
- How was the GLA University
- Why should I learn Java EE
- How is a Muslim wedding celebrated
- Is political science a valuable major
- How is the South Methodist University
- What is the best alternative to QuickBooks
- What are the best chicken dishes
- Sends Amazon to Norway
- How much does spouse support in PA cost
- What is a crossdress in public
- Muslims in America are poor
- Which is a good online investment
- Why do people still use AOL
- How can I please a woman sexually
- What a business stock photography is
- Which emotions do teenagers feel more strongly?
- Who is Lisa in Blackpink
- How does someone get into high society
- Minimalism When is less no more?
- Texas is the lowest educated state
- Who are the khas
- CVSR College is a top college
- Can AI be trained to make money?
- Can someone give an example of fate
- How can a country change its name
- How do I get a Haldiram franchise
- How do I invest 500 CAD
- What is the use of gemstones
- What are some must read manga