Is it normal for sunscreens to burn?
Sport: This way the sunscreen doesn't sting your eyes
In an exemplary way, you put on a lot of sun cream before exercising, but now the sweat is running - and with it the sun cream in your eyes. It burns, and instead of concentrating on the sport, you only concentrate on this unpleasant tug in the eyes.
To prevent that from happening, there are special sunscreens for the face, as the dermatologist Christoph Liebich from Munich says: "They don't sting when they flow into the eyes."
Reload after two to three hours
But burning eyes are not the only problem when it comes to sun protection and exercise. When the sweat flows, during a long tennis match for example, the sunscreen washes off your skin at some point.
"Even with creams that have been declared waterproof, you should top them up after two to three hours," recommends Liebich. That means: sit down for a moment, rub dry, re-apply and let the agent soak in for a few minutes.
There is usually not much time to wait during sport. The first load of sunscreen before exercise should be applied well enough in advance so that it can be absorbed nicely into the skin. "At least 20 minutes in advance," advises the dermatologist.
Sun protection should suit the skin type
In general, athletes prefer to use products with a very high sun protection factor of 50. In addition, the protection should suit the skin - for example, people with oily skin should rather use water-based gels. According to Liebich, it is usually written on the packaging for which skin type a product is designed.
When applying lotion, you should also pay particular attention to the so-called sun terraces on the face: These are the nose, the area above the upper lip and the ears. The lips are protected with a care stick with a high sun protection factor. And ideally a hat or cap should be placed on the head.
- Why do pilots wear sunglasses?
- How did the uprising of 1857 take place
- Costa Rica is socially liberal
- Texas becomes a blue state
- Great leaders are confrontational
- How often does Uber pay its employees
- What is the JTF2
- Can Siri hack your iPhone
- Which is the best chinese recipe
- Why don't Canadians have British accents
- How thick is a 30 AWG wire
- Why is a category reservation important
- What is it like to swim
- How words control our emotions
- Helps swimming in a running marathon
- What is your best i'm getting old
- What strange genres of music are there
- Can Canada annex Alaska
- Is the existence of God recognizable?
- How does tipping work in Hong Kong
- How can anyone master woodworking
- Who is Dwayne Johnson
- What is a genetically modified organism GMO
- What is the meaning of social solidarity